Thinkamigo is a UK-based digital agency. We offer a wide range of user research, design, marketing, and training services.
Thinkamigo was launched in 2011 to bring user-centred design expertise to the Arts, Education, Corporate and Government sectors.
Key areas of expertise:
- We conduct research and service design for government agencies, corporations, legal and financial services
- We design for web, mobile, social media and print
- We deliver digital marketing campaigns to increase customer engagement
- We educate people through training courses and workshops
Research and Design Innovation
Mobile, web and social media development for national arts organisations, including;
- Arts Council England
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- English National Ballet
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- National Trust
- Museums Libraries and Archives Council
Free-thinking amigos from Robin Hood county.
Working with literary editor James Walker, and historian Dr David Amos, Thinkamigo challenge convention, embrace change and deliver exciting projects that engage audiences. We are passionate about literacy and digital inclusion, and have masterminded many successful digital outreach projects.
Digital Storytelling and Learning
The Arts Council funded, Guardian Award winning multi-platform digital comic 'Dawn of the Unread' was subsequently published as a printed anthology with support from UNESCO and Spokesman Press.
Design collaboration with James Walker;
- The Space Arts, Sillitoe Trail - On-demand digital arts platform
- Dawn of the Unread - Guardian Award-winning digital Comic
- Nottinghamshire UNESCO City of Literature - Digital branding
- National Festival of the Humanities - Web and multimedia production
- The Memory Theatre - digital arts platform
- Whatever People Say I Am - Digital comic - NEW
Digital Archives, Heritage and Outreach
Underground at the National Coal Mining Museum England. This collaboration with student film-makers and the University of Nottingham was screened at Broadway Cinema, Nottingham.
Design collaboration with David Amos;
- A History of Coal Mining in 10 Objects - Digital outreach
- Bestwood Winding Engine House - Schools curriculum pack
- DH Lawrence Heritage - Web and multimedia production
- Coal, Community and Change - Touring exhibition and digital interpretation
Strategic alliances with Universities and local government agencies provide a bridge with local business and community groups.
Value-driven UX Research and Service Design
Delivering corporate business transformation in legal and finance sectors
Since 2015 our design practise has become more collaborative and data-driven. User research, and agile design forms an important part of our work with UK Government and enterprise-level business transformation projects.
Service design projects include;
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority - Enterprise platform for Knowledge exchange
- Constructionline - UX research for UK Gov service acquired by Capita PLC
- Transport for London - Mobile App Concepts
- University of East Anglia - Mobile and Staff portal development
- Pensions and Life Savings Association - User research
- Offshore Legal - UX design for mobile-first website migration
In 2019, Thinkamigo became an eSynergy Partner, developing new services for the Department for Education, and HM Revenue and Customs.
Critical service delivery during Covid19 and beyond
In 2020, our consultancy work accelerated the design and deployment of critical services related to COVID and EU-exit. Having previous experience working with offshore teams, Thinkamigo adapted to remote working during the pandemic and continue to maintain a productive mix of governance-led, creative, commercial and academic projects.
We anticipate further accelerated growth and business transformation as a result of increased remote working. Thinkamigo are here to help organisations survive, thrive and prosper in what has become a period of great change, uncertainty and opportunity.